Atlanta, Georgia Bankruptcy Lawyer
Helping you find debt relief
Filing for bankruptcy is an important decision that has significant implications for your life. But when mounting debt begins to feel unmanageable, bankruptcy can provide relief. Bankruptcy attorney Alan I. Seitman helps you decide whether filing for bankruptcy is the most effective way for you to take control of your debt. We have been designed as a debt relief agency by the United States Congress, since we help people file for bankruptcy relief.
Experts in debt analysis
At Alan I. Seitman, Attorney at Law, we have been assisting people with overwhelming debts for more than 30 years. We analyze your case to determine if bankruptcy will advance your immediate and long-term financial goals. We review your debts, income and expenses, and explain the full effects of bankruptcy on your family, business, home ownership and access to credit. If bankruptcy is the right choice, our attorneys provide detailed information about the bankruptcy process and a complete picture of the outcome you should expect. Our upfront approach to bankruptcy gives you confidence in your financial future. We will provide clear, concise answers to your most important legal questions, including:
- The Bankruptcy Process – from Start to Finish
- Credit Counseling Requirements
- The Specific Differences Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
- Eligibility for Bankruptcy under the Means Test
- The Scope of Information Required by the Bankruptcy Court
- Maximizing Protection of Assets through Claiming Appropriate Exemptions
- Whether Both Spouses Should File a Bankruptcy Case
- What Happens at the Meeting of Creditors and What You Can Expect After
- The Importance of Avoiding Judgment Liens
- The Effect of the Discharge Order and Which Debts are Excepted from Discharge
Reprieve through automatic stay
Filing a bankruptcy petition automatically triggers a stay, meaning creditors must immediately stop collections letters, phone calls and lawsuits. Your case is filed electronically with the Court providing immediate relief and a case number is issued by the Court, assigned to you and sent to your creditors.
Contact an experienced bankruptcy attorney in Atlanta today
Call Alan I. Seitman, Attorney at Law at 770-432-0547 or contact us online to schedule your bankruptcy consultation.