Alan I. SeitmanMember
- Email Us
Alan I. Seitman
- Georgia, 1980
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1980
- Hofstra University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1977 (Phi Beta Kappa)
Associations & memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia (Member, Bankruptcy Section)
- Metro Atlanta Consumer Bankruptcy Group, (Treasurer, 2002-2007)
- Alan I. Seitman, Attorney at Law (1984-Present) Solo practice focusing on bankruptcy law, personal injury, business litigation, corporate law. Bankruptcy practice has consisted of representing both debtors and creditors in Chapter 7 cases and Chapter 13 cases; varied experience in handling numerous adversary cases involving 11 U.S.C. Sections 522, 523, 547, 548 and 727.
- Macey & Zusmann (1981-1983) Associate in the bankruptcy department, focusing on creditor representation in proceedings under Chapters 7, 11 and 13 of Title 11. Handled student loan matters in both state courts and bankruptcy courts throughout the State of Georgia.
- Congressional Intern in the United States House of Representatives, Washington, D.C.(1976). Responsibilities included drafting letters, press releases, responding to constituent concerns and researching legislative matters.
Member, Editorial Board, Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, Callaghan Publishing Co. (1979).
Panelist, State Bar of Georgia Mid-Year Meeting: Ethical Issues in Bankruptcy Practice (January, 2005).
Panelist, National Business Institute –The Basics of Chapter 7 and 13 (December, 2010)
Panelist, National Business Institute – Consumer Bankruptcy From Start to Finish (December 2013)
- Glen Resturant, Inc. v. West, 173 Ga. App. 204, 325 S.E. 2d 781 (1984);
- In re Lawrence, 57 B.R. 330 (Bankr. N.D. GA 1986);
- In re Caruthers, 87 B.R. 723 (Bankr. N.D. GA 1988);
- In re Stoll, 132 B.R. 782 (Bankr. N.D. GA 1990);
- Mann Electric Co. v. Wabco Southern Corp., 194 Ga. App. 541, 390 S.E. 2d 905 (1990);
- In re Carragher, 249 B.R. 817 (Bankr. N.D. GA 2000);
- In re Letlow (Segell v. Letlow), 385 B.R. 782 (Bankr. N.D. GA 2007).